Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stories From the Trenches

Here are some more funny facebook status updates concerning the twinados:
Jonathan first -

Dec 10, 2010 - Austin and Lanna helped answer that age old question - what does eighteen-hundred baby wipes look like spread out in a single room... up until now it's worked out well shopping at Costco and buying boxes of baby wipes at a time so we have enough to last for months. I guess Lindsey and I need to go put a lot of baby wipes into ziplock bags if we don't want to throw them all away.

Jan 4, 2011 - You know what would be awesome... if my two and a half year old daughter would stop referring to me as "hey guy."

Jan 14, 2011 - I had to break up one of those violent screaming/pushing/hitting toddler fights this afternoon. When I finally made sense out of the sobbing I figured out that they were fighting over an IMAGINARY bean! What’s even worse is that they both looked at me like I was stupid when I tried to convince them that I had another imaginary bean so they could each have one…

Jan 16, 2011 - Last night the kids just would not go to sleep. We could hear them in the room but we were trying to just wait them out. I finally went in because Austin had been crying for a while.  It turns out that after emptying the contents of the entire tall dresser we had in the closet he had somehow scaled the thing, emptied the contents from the top shelf of the closet (where we put stuff because it was "impossible" for the kids to get to it), and was perched up there stuck because he didn't know how to get down...

Jan 16, 2011 - In other news, I'm starting to think that daddy's spankings might not be too intimidating... Last night I had to spank Austin for one of the ten thousand things he did yesterday. As I was trying to leave their room Lanna kept saying "spanking daddy, spanking daddy". She cried when I left because I refused to spank her...

Feb 10, 2011 - My kids are currently fighting over which "time out" location they are sent to. This has gone too far...

and a few from yours truly-

Sept 5, 2010 - Just heard my husband saying "Lanna, daddy's not stinky, quit pulling my pants down to check!" hehehe :)

Dec 1, 2010 - I was just changing Austin's diaper and he told me "gentle with man parts mama" Time to start pushing the potty training a little more...

Dec 7, 2010 - Lanna just dropped her milk cup and then put her hands up to her cheeks and said "oh my goodness gracious" where do they get this stuff?

Dec 10, 2010 - What does 1,800 baby wipes look like when randomly strewn about in bed room? stay tuned...

Dec 11, 2010 - I grabbed a bite of chocolate and tried to hide it from the twins but Lanna caught me. She said "mama, what you have in mouth?" and I said "Busted!" Then she walked up to Jonathan and said "I want busted." :)

Dec 13, 2010 - This morning I heard Lanna ask Austin for something and he told her "no" and she said "You do not say no to me!" Wonder where she got that from?! ;)

Jan 5, 2011 - Yesterday in Target we passed an old man with a long white beard and the inevitable happened. Lanna yelled "Santa!! Why there you are." Then Austin informed me he must be on vacation. lol, at least the man was nice about it :)

Jan 16, 2011 - I just told Austin "you are growing up too fast! slow down!" and he said "ok mama, slow down" then a few minutes later he came up to me and said "can't slow down mama!" At least he tried right?

Jan 31, 2011 - All I wanted was a shower!! I guess that was asking too much. White carpet meet cranberry juice, cranberry juice...white carpet.

Feb 9, 2011 - Lanna's toy cars spent a good chunk of time this morning trying to send Austin's cars to timeout...

Feb 16, 2011 - Lanna just told me "I can't go to time out because you didn't ask nicely!"

Feb 16, 2011 - Lanna just informed me "we go to church because someone ate the real apple" and then Austin chimed in "the GIRL!!" hahaha, not sure what to think about Austin's addition ;)

Feb 24, 2011 - Lanna just told jonathan to put two hands on the steering wheel :) hahaha


 I love how they are funny without meaning too these days.  On the other hand, they repeat EVERYTHING and they usually chose to repeat what you should NOT have said and at the worst possible moment.  The least embarrassing example of this that I can think of features my lack of patients while driving.  I tend to "talk" to the cars around me while driving and apparently the phrase "move it or lose it people" comes out of my mouth with some degree of frequency because one day we were standing in line to check out at the grocery store and Lanna yelled out "MOVE IT OR LOSE IT PEOPLE!"  oops!  

In other news, Jonathan and I took them to The Children's Museum yesterday.  It was really cool, they had a lot there.  So as long as the green paint comes out of every one's clothes we will probably go back again ;)  


Photobucket


Photobucket


This crawl space was so small, I was impressed Jonathan braved it :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


painting the castle green :)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


 Photobucket
To give you an idea of the twins personalities, all the other kids were using the fake flowers to make floral arrangements...Austin and Lanna were trying to sword fight with them...


grocery shopping
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


running through the hanging foam noodles
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


this things was like a "car wash" that the kids drove through on tricycles, it was a cool idea, but totally did not translate well into reality!  there was always someone stuck or tangled with someone else, but all the kids loved it!
Photobucket


Photobucket













5 comments:

Leslie said...

I loved this blog post! The twins are getting really big and they are really funny! I loved all the status updates! I had missed a lot of those!

Unknown said...

Our kids sure are cute. I love you darling!

Meredith said...

this is hilarious!! i love the idea of saving your facebook status' about your kiddos. what a great memory!! I also love the one about your daughter crying bc she didn't get a spanking. so funny.

enjoyed seeing your mom yesterday. she's a hoot. wish it had been better circumstances.

Unknown said...

hahahaha i love how you have pictures of the kids running with a sign above them "Speed Limit Walk" teehee.

LaCostaMom said...

What a super-fun looking Children's Museum! We haven't gone since last year...should go again before school lets out & it's really crazy. Looks like L & A had a great time!