Sunday, November 7, 2010

here and there

My poor kids have not slept in the same place longer than a couple of weeks since September.  While Jonathan is stuck in Phoenix on his own, the twins, dog and I are in hanging out with his parents!  We were staying with my mom, but in order to spread the grandkid love around, we are now at Jonathan's parents house.  I am so blessed to have in laws who happily agreed to house me (without their son) and my crazy crew.  As wonderful as being in Los Alamos is and have lots of people to love my kiddos has been, I miss my husband.  So being the wonderful man he is, he agreed to drive all the way from Phoenix and visit this weekend.  It has been wonderful having him here and I am dreading the idea that he will have to leave soon. 

Things with the house in Phoenix are going well.  It's been inspected and it's in good condition, only a few minor things to fix up with the exception of a broken window which we knew about and a toilet that leaks a little which should be easy enough to fix.  No water damage from it, so that's the important part.  It has also been apprased and it came in a tiny bit higher than we were expecting so that is always nice! :)  So for now, we are just waiting on the bank to finish up all the loan stuff.  Who knew underwriting stuff could take so long!  We are hoping to close on the house by the 22nd, but we are really pushing for a few days earlier.  Feel free to pray that will work out!  We are so excited to move in!  It's much bigger than what we had been expecting to be able to get and so we are having all the Theye family that can make it out for Thanksgiving!  They will just have to over look the fact that EVERYTHING will still be in boxes ;)  As long as I can unpack enough kitchen stuff to pull off some sort of Thanksgiving meal, that is all I ask!

Not too much else to report.  The twins have been a little fussy lately, but I think a lot of it is a product of all the changes going on in their life and probably some of the stress that Jonathan and I have been feeling rubbing off.  Changes are so exciting but a little stressful too. 

btw....I SOOOO need to start Christmas shopping...someone light a fire under my boo-ta-kiss ;)

ps - we are thinking about getting one of those one cup coffee maker deals for guests and for tea for me, any thoughts on them?  I am kinda a liking the Keurig ones best based off online reviews...

3 comments:

Hannah Herman said...

Congrats on the house thing! We're moving out of our apartment and into our brand new condo at the end of this month too :) I'm really excited. I even went to Home Depot today and had so much fun looking at fans and paint colors.

I'm thinking about one of those single serve coffee things too. Not that I can help you decide which one, but just encouraging you to get one and let me know which one you end up getting ;)

Unknown said...

what a busy time for you! i hope it all wraps up nicely and you can settle into normal life again soon :P

mayrs said...

I have a Keurig and LOVE it. It's actually my second one only because the old water pump was rather noisy and they now have a quiet one (and it is much quieter).

That's great about the house - so excited for you guys!