Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's Offical! He is getting OUT!

Civilian world here we come!!!  

I was looking at an "I Love the Army" t-shirt at the mall the other day and Jonathan pointed out that we would not be in the army much longer, which begs the question; do they make "I Love the Civilian World" t-shirts?  If so, sign me up!

So, it's official, Jonathan is getting out of the Army.  It's actually been official for a while, but today it became official official.  And as military wife knows, nothing in the military is official until it's official official. ;)  (and even then it can be subject to the needs of the army, but we won't go there)  To tell the truth, for the most part I have liked being an Army wife.  It's not always an easy life, but it gives you a lot of independence, a strong sense of self and the army wife sisterhood and camaraderie is something that I cannot imagine ever being matched in the civilian world.  So, while I will not be walking away without shedding a tear and looking back longingly, I am looking forward to what this next chapter in our life will bring us. 

Now onto the nerve-wracking job of finding a job in the civilian world.  Please pray for Jonathan as he searches, applies and interviews. 

I am a little bummed I won't be seeing him in uniform on a daily basis. :(  Oh the things we are forced to endure.  ;)  and it did make for some good pictures:

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsey! Once you are a "sister" you are always a sister!! I never would have made it though the deployment without you!! There are many that would agree that we are all better people for knowing you! I miss you now like crazy!!! Hopefully we will see you in a few years!
Love you!
Liz

STef said...

Congratulations!!! The prayers are yours.

Lindsey said...

thank you so much for the prayers!

Liz - you are so sweet to me! :) thanks!!

Anonymous said...

you all will have no troubles! Thank you for your service and sacrifices to our country!!!

PinkyB said...

OMG! I had no idea! Where have I been? Congratulations! Thank you so much to J and your family for the sacrifices you've made for your fellow citizens.