Friday, August 20, 2010

Zucchini Muffins

I found a recipe for Zucchini Bread on another blog (http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com) and decided to try them out (except I turned them into muffins).  They were a little bit more "dessert-like" than I was going for so after making some small changes (it is RARE that I decrease the amount of sugar, someone write this down!), I now have a recipe I like.  Also, one that I don't feel HORRIBLE about giving the twins for breakfast.  Here it is:

2 cup shredded zucchini (drain/press out water, I just use paper towels)
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup of honey (I forgot to add this last time and it turned out fine)
3 tsp. vanilla
1and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
you could also add nuts or raisins or both :)

In a large bowl, mix oil, applesauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Add zucchini. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones.  Mix well.  Pour zucchini bread into 2 greased muffin pans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 35ish minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would bake and cook more. Congrats on your new find!!!! Sounds yum!!!!