Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A guest blogger

We have a guest blogger in the house!  This one is coming to you from the man of the house:


From bliss to terror in an instant – Lindsey has been mentioning to me all day how she made spaghetti last night and there was some left that I should eat today. I’ve been looking forward to it because I’m a big fan of spaghetti and the time finally came as I was preparing to leave for work (I am working the night shift these days). With eager anticipation I walked to the refrigerator in a manner that can only be described as floating on clouds. I opened the door and removed what promised to be a meal of sheer bliss and practically skipped to the counter ready to acquire a healthy portion of happiness. This is where things turned ugly. I cannot describe the sheer terror that overcame me when I opened the container of “spaghetti” and encountered a ghastly substance of shredded horror that I later came to realize was “spaghetti squash”. Yes that’s right; it was squash shredded into stringy pieces closely resembling that glorious food know as spaghetti. Now I’m all about eating healthy and everything but this has gone too far. Way too far. When I go to sleep tonight I will be reverently praying that I never face so terrifying an experience again for as long as I live. 
 
the spaghetti squash in question:
Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Got to watch out for the phantom spaghetti! :) Love the house it is so big.

Unknown said...

hahahha! I've heard it's good with maranara sauce though

Jen said...

bahahahahahaha! Too funny! He's a good writer!

Jesse Rae said...

Hilarious! I did the same thing to CJ about a month ago. He came home from work, starving, ready to eat a big dinner and let's just say he was pretty upset when he realized it was spaghetti squash! I actually thought it was really good and felt so much better afterwards than with regular spaghetti : )

Ashley said...

This is so hilarious and could totally see Shaun acting the same way (especially since he hates veggies).

PinkyB said...

OMG! Hilarious!!!!

Lindsey said...

I like the spaghetti squash too! and the kids ate it :) oh well!