Saturday, December 4, 2010

Potty Training, New Grocery Stores and Christmas coming early!

I took the twins to Target and they each got to pick out a pack of "big kid" underwear.  Austin chose Thomas the Train and Lanna chose Minnie Mouse (I was actually a little surprised on that one, I was expecting her to choose Dora).  We have been talking about how they are in diapers now, but when they wear their "big kid" undies they have to go pee pee and poo poo in the potty like big kids.  The other morning I asked Austin if he wanted to wear his Thomas the Train big kid undies and use the potty today.  His response?  "No mommy, not right now."  When I asked Lanna she said "ummmm....sure!"  So I put on a pair of Minnie's and once again went through the whole, potty talk.

prepped and ready to go:
Photobucket

I took her potty every 30 minutes and asked her if she needed to potty at the 15 min half way mark.  By 11:30 she had pooped in one pair of Minnie's and peed in two others.  She is now back in diapers and I have decided that she is not ready yet and we will try again when she is 12.  I told Jonathan that if he had any interest in potty training before 12, that was on him.  I think the last straw was peeing while standing in a plastic tub that had all their toy cars in it.  Do you know how long it takes to clean of 30+ toy cars?  I don't either, you will have to ask Jonathan.  I kid, I kid!!  It took me while! 

On to other things.  I went to the Fry's grocery store that's close to our new house.  It was my second time in the place.  It is HUGE.  By far the biggest grocery store I have ever seen.  Having to learn the layout of new grocery stores always takes me a little bit of time.  If I ever become Queen of the World, I will standardize the layout of grocery stores.  Just keep that in mind with the next election for Queen of the World coming up! ;)  Anyhow, I walked the whole place aisle by aisle.   And then I had to go back and walk it again because I missed some of the things on my list the first go around!  By the end I just wanted to scream "I just moved here, could someone PLEASE show me where the minced garlic is and I will get out of your hair!"  :)  The killer is when you get home and start thinking of all the things you forgot.  Me and that grocery should be tight in no time!

And I last but not least....Christmas early in this household!  As I mentioned a while back I have been wanting a digital SLR camera for 3+ years now, and my WONDERFUL husband got one for me!  I LOVE IT!!!

Photobucket

Now I just have to figure out how to use it ;)  But maybe one day soon you will start looking at my blog and think "Wow, awesome pictures!" and "Look how crisp that picture is!"  It might be a while though, so nobody get your hopes up!  I am trying to have it figured out enough to at least get some good Christmas pictures.  Anyhow, hope all is well with everyone in the blog world, don't anyone work too hard, my kids obviously don't have that problem. ;)

Photobucket

3 comments:

PinkyB said...

I love your posts! The kids are a riot when it comes to potty-training (well, when you're reading it as someone who is too chicken to tackle it yet). GREAT camera! Have fun with it!

Hannah Herman said...

I love the DSLR we got for Christmas too! It's so much fun. Can't wait to see the pics. I was wondering how you get your pictures black and white but with a certain color standing out. I'd love to do that.

Ashley said...

Good Luck with the Potty Training and btw I love Fry's. We just got a super walmart last month but Fry's by far out beats their prices. Sweet cam btw. Your lense is bigger then mine and I am totally jealous!!