Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Blazer of Trails


I have not realized until recently how attach to my car I have become.  Really, my Trailblazer has been good to me.  The miles we have gone together, the diaper changes it has endured, we are tight.  But lately it has been having a rough time.  It all started with the fateful fan clutch going out, now there is a reverse light out, a brake light out, a head light out, it’s leaking something....probably coolant, it’s making some weird clicking noise and another squeaking noise.  Oh and the passenger seat belt won’t always retract.  Not so good.  And people keep saying things like “it may be time to replace it,” and it makes me so sad.  That car and I have been through so much.  It has been there for me!  When some poor lost soul decided to drive the wrong way down a street with a concrete barrier on one side, it was there when I had to jerk out of the way after coming around the corner.  When some random dude decided to slam into the back of us while driving down a street in Santa Fe, my faithful Trailblazer stuck out its trailer hitch and it escaped more or less unscathed, while the big truck that hit us took a beating.  It’s hauled me, the twins and the dog all over the USA, literally.  From Colorado to Georgia, from Georgia to South Carolina and back, from Georgia to Florida and back, from Georgia to Arizona and all sorts of trips in between.  We are tight!  Tomorrow I take my faithful steed to the doctor; hopefully it will not cost my children’s college education money to fix. 

Since The Blazer of Trails is currently not functioning at its highest, we move the twin’s car seats into my mom’s car to run a few errands today.  Austin and Lanna got a kick out of it!  They kept talking about Grammie’s car.  :)   Hopefully the Trailblazer will be up and running soon (and without too much damage to the bank account).  In the mean time, we will be without our little piece of home.    

4 comments:

Unknown said...

broken cars are no bueno. :( hope it's some simple fixes.

Ashley said...

I totally know what you mean. I have put 32,000 miles on my saturn in the past 15 months I have owned it. Hopefully it will be an easy fix!

Unknown said...

Poor Trailblazer. We need to get you a new car. What do you want?

Unknown said...

My 1998 Chrysler Villager van has over 216,000 miles, and I have put all but the first 42,000 miles on it --- Thousands of trips to and from school for the girls; hundreds of trips visiting family and friends; dozens of girl scout trips, including West Point Camporees, and a rained out tent at a camporee in Hershey park, when we slept in the van... family trips up and down the Eastern seaboard and halfway across the country (you guys travel farther!); all those wonderful times with the cadets in the back; moving your "child" into a dorm, and back... So many incredible memories... Now there's no heat, no radio, no A/C, no clock, a broken lock on one seat, all sorts of "cosmetic" reversals... I drove it into PA today for multiple errands and I can't imagine NOT having that car! I can only imagine how precious are your memories shared with Austin and Lanna, and Jon!