Friday, October 15, 2010

Moving Part Two


Day 3  The “Service Engine Soon” Light:
    Before I talk much about day 3 I would like to mention the twins.  Sarah pointed out that I had not mentioned them much and I have not.  And I totally should because they were little troopers!  That’s not to say we did not have screaming fits or any fussing.  But when you are 2 and a half and stuck in a car all day long for multiple days in a row, you are probably going to be just a little antsy.  But really, they did great.  The first day we spent most of the day pointing to things out the window and singing song.  The rest of the days they spent most of it watching the DVD player in our car (LIFE SAVER).  But really, they have done awesome. And they still call me mama and say "love you too" when I say "I love you" so I am over all impressed with my littles.
   So, day 3....it started late due to being up late the night before.  But we were looking forward to spending the night in New Mexico.  Our home state and only one state away from our final destination!  When we started off in the morning I noticed the Trailblazer was sounding a little different and accelerating a little slow, but it was nothing too out of the ordinary so on we went.  A few hours later I noticed that the “service engine soon” light had come on.  We pulled over and check all the things we knew to check and decided to just try and make it to Las Cruces.  After all, we were in the middle of no where and probably could not have found a place to have it checked if we wanted to.  So on we went, with me watching the instrument gauges like a hawk.  We made it to El Paso and stopped to have dinner with AJ, which by the way was AMAZING!  AJ took us to some local Italian place that had some darn good pizza.  Then we hopped back in the car/truck and traveled to Las Cruces and checked into the hotel.

Day 4  Waiting:
   The next morning Jonathan and I got up early and Jonathan took the Trailblazer to be looked at.  They told us it was the “fan clutch” and that it was expensive.  But they also said it would be ready around 12:30.  So we walked over to Cracker Barrel, had lunch, sat on the rocking chairs and waited.  12:30 came and went, 1:30 came and went, and then we got a call saying that it would be more like 3:30.  3:30 came and went; we called and were told it was going to be more like 6:00.  The good news?  Since we were in Las Cruces we got to meet Justin.  Justin Theye had just been born a few weeks earlier and the Hyatt’s (my sister in laws parents) graciously allowed us to invade their house while we waited for the car.  The twins got to run around with their cousins and have a ball and we got to relax and meet baby Justin!  At 6:30 we received a call saying the Trailblazer was ready.  We made it to Phoenix, but it was not until 2:30 the next morning!  This did allow for a discovery on my part.  I love 5 Hour Energy drinks! :) 

Day 5  Adios Laptop:
    We woke up in Phoenix, AZ.  A little tired but happy to be in Arizona, that is until we walked out to the car and saw that someone broke the window of the Honda and stole my laptop and our Blue-Ray player.  Welcome to Phoenix.  Not to worry, whoever it was...you will get yours.  I have no doubt.  Even with that disheartening discovery, we were still excited to be in Phoenix!  Dry weather and blue skies, it was already starting to feel like home.  

side note: I took some pictures, one day soon I will try and upload them and post them! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lame! did you have insurance on those?