Sunday, October 17, 2010

oh fall, I love you!

I took the twins to music time at the library this morning .  Who knew a little tiny town would have music time at the library on a Saturday?  It was great.  The twins had fun and I was totally shocked that there were FOUR dads there!  Well done men, way to represent!  After the library, I realized I was hungry.  I forget to eat breakfast so many mornings, with all the craziness that is involved with getting the twins out the door, it just gets skipped all too often.  Anyhow, we (and by “we” I mean “I”) decided to go over to El Parasol and get breakfast burritos and take them over to the duck pond and have a impromptu picnic.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was wonderful.  The air was crisp but not cold.  The sun felt great.  The food was so yummy.  Loved it.  And Austin and Lanna loved the ducks!  We will be going back and with some bread to feed the ducks soon.  

After naps...
 Photobucket

Photobucket
(not sure I should put proof on the internet that I still let my kids sleep with binkies...)

...we all meet at Bandelier.  I love Bandelier!  So many wonderful childhood memories there and it is so peaceful and scenic!  We took a walk, ate dinner, threw anything and everything into the creek and watched it float downstream.  And on the drive home the lights on the Trailblazer decided not to work.  Thankfully the brights (for some odd reason) did!  My apologies to the car I passed, it was brights or nothing friend, I hope you are not blind!  ;)  

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


being silly at dinner
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

they have too much fun ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We sure have some cute kids! I miss them (and you) lots!

Jordan said...

I know I've said this before, but you seriously have two of the cutest kids ever! I'm so glad you have a nice pond and a good library in your new town!

Kenji said...

Great pictures, Lindsey! Our story about Bandelier was when Olivia, our youngest (now almost 21) was about the twins age. We're walking along the trail and Olivia's dawdling behind us. We turn around and see her stooping next to the stream. She has a big smile on her face and she proudly announces "I drink the water, Mommie!" This after the news of the first hanta virus scare. Needless to say, she (and we) survived with only minor gastrointestinal discomfort - for us, not for her!

Ashley said...

Those kids are growing like weeds! Speaking of picnics we haven't had one in some time so maybe next weekend I will surprise the kids.

P.S.
Who cares if they still have binkies. Sam will be 5 in a matter of days and still sucks his thumb. There is no breaking that habit lol.

Unknown said...

wow I'm jealous! i love fall in NM. Too bad the mountain still doesn't look like it once did.
My favorite thing to do at bandolier was always to play IN the stream. There was always a group of random kids trying to build a dam in the stream. I don't think anyone ever succeeded.