Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Smell of Green Chile

I took the time to upload some pictures from the move until present, so they are late, but here they are!  This is what I looked at for four days straight....pretty much....
Photobucket

Photobucket

sometimes I took a break and looked at these (but only brief glances)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Beautiful Sunset on the way to Abilene 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Windmills on the way to El Paso, I thought they were so cool!  The twins, on the other hand, were not impressed.
 Photobucket

Photobucket
What it looked like when we were LEAVING Las Cruces to travel up to Phoenix (late but pretty):
Photobucket

This is on my drive from Phoenix to Los Alamos.  If there was ever a need for a 80+ mph speed limit, this would be the place.  USA Autobahn candidate? 
Photobucket
and this part was actually kinda curvy, I could not find my camera for a while so I did not get pictures of the forever long straight part!

I am now in New Mexico.  The twins, the dog and I traveled from Phoenix to Los Alamos last Sunday.  We had already picked out houses that we liked and since Jonathan would be starting his job and moving to a hotel that did not allow dogs; we decided that it would be easiest if I just took everyone for a vacation back home until we closed on a house.  It meant another 9 hours in the car, but we all lived through it.  Even though Austin had a poopy diaper explosion!

Being in LA has been great.  Having grandparents and an auntie around to help, entertain and love on the kids is always amazing.   Here are a few pictures from the park with Auntie Ann:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Holding hands to go down the slide:
Photobucket

Climbing!  and poor Auntie Ann with her hands full, wishing that I was helping and not taking a picture ;)
Photobucket

This morning my wonderful mother volunteered to take care of the twins while I made a trip to Santa Fe.  I have been a little bummed that we missed the green chile roasting in LA as I was hoping to take some home with me, but today I hit the jackpot baby!  Thank you Santa Fe thank you!  Here’s my plentiful bounty:
 Photobucket

Photobucket
  me and a green chile pepper:
Photobucket

all bagged up and ready for the freezer and then transport back to AZ:
Photobucket

I am so excited, words cannot express.  All the way home I could smell the chile peppers in the trunk.   I would take a huge breath and think “mmmm, smells so good!”  Then take another breath and think “those are going to taste amazing!”  Then another breath and think “this has to got be a small taste of heaven” and so on and so forth the whole hour home.  I think the green chile smell is going to be hanging around mom’s car for a while though, sorry mom! 

Have I mentioned how much I love green chile?  If not:  I LOVE GREEN CHILE!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Another good candidate for the american autobahn - I 80 in Nevada. Talk about long, straight, and boring.
I love all the beautiful road trip pictures that you got :)
I'm very jealous that you got some real green chile! oh yum.

Unknown said...

Good work securing green chili for us darling! And thanks for posting all the pictures, I miss you guys and it's nice seeing some pictures at least! I love you and miss you!

Jess said...

Ooohh, I'm so jealous! I can almost smell those Green Chiles I miss so much!